Healthy Ways to Handle Holiday Stress
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! So says a classic song of the holiday season. Or is it? It's no secret that the holidays can be an incredibly stressful time.
The pressure of buying gifts, hosting guests, traveling and managing a chaotic calendar of events can bring on physical and emotional discomfort. If the holidays sometimes leave you feeling overwhelmed and stressed, you’re not alone! Here are some strategies to help de-stress your holidays for a more joyful season.
- Make realistic expectations for the holiday season.
- Keep up healthy habits.
- Eat holiday treats in moderation.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Make a clear budget and keep track of your holiday spending.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Prioritize exercise.
- Snack on healthy foods to keep your energy high.
- Practice mindfulness and appreciate the season for the time spent with loved ones.
Everyone experiences stress differently. Talk to your doctor if stress begins to interfere with your quality of life. Click here to find a physician.